09:00 - 09:10
09:10 - 09:25
Our conference chair, Dr Sotiris Kapellos, will introduce the conference with how he views the future of Solar PV deployment in the region. Drawing from great experience as both Chief Operating Officer of HELLENiQ Energy and Chairman of HELAPCO, Dr Kapellos will be able to provide hugely relevant and pertinent insight into the current market and the issues and opportunities that lie in the future.
09:25 - 09:45
The adoption of the National Climate Law in May 2022 has provided Greece with a well-defined path for its energy transition. This legislation outlines ambitious goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, targeting a 55% reduction by 2030 and aiming for net zero emissions by 2050. Greece has already made remarkable progress in decreasing its reliance on lignite, or brown coal, for electricity generation, with the share dropping from 60% in 2005 to a mere 10% in 2021. To further align with the objectives of the Climate Law, Greece is committed to completely phasing out lignite-fired generation by 2028. These measures signify Greece's dedication to combatting climate change and embracing cleaner energy alternatives.
Special Advisor to the Secretary General for Energy and Mineral Resources,
Hellenic Ministry of Environment and Energy
09:45 - 10:30
The Greek solar PV market is set to boom in the coming years. With applications for almost 60GW of solar PV and 25GW of storage awaiting approval, the current capacity of 5.5GW PV looks to be increased many times over:
- What changes can we expect in the Greek solar market during such expansion?
- How does the government plan to continue to support the industry to achieve the energy transition?
- How can you establish your place within Greece's energy transition?
HELAPCO - Hellenic Association of PV Companies
11:30 - 12:15
- Grids need their capacity to be increased and modernised to handle the upcoming increase of renewable energy capacity being connected
- Grids need modernisation to be better suited to the new energy mix
- What can asset owners/developers to encourage such changes to the grid?
12:15 - 12:35
Presentation slot reserved for BloombergNEF
Head of EU Power,
12:35 - 14:00
14:00 - 14:45
- A secure supply chain for Southern Europe needs to be established to allow long-term project development success
- Identify which areas of the supply chain at the greatest risk of being disrupted
- Evaluate supply chain complexities when operating in new markets
Head of Global Business Development,
14:45 - 15:30
- Effective, and pre-emptive, O&M strategies are vital in maintaining high revenue from your assets
- Learn which strategies you can use to increase capacity, and thus returns
- Which monitoring systems could you implement?
15:30 - 16:30
- With ever-increasing competition in the market, not every project is going to be selected by lenders/investors to get involved with
- Learn what you can do to make your projects more attractive to those who fund their development
Augusta & Co